Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My home + your home= OUR HOME

We have a “home”.
It is “our” home.
Is anyone smiling ear to ear about that statement except me?
Just saying “our home” makes me want to jump up and down and hug people. Come on, you KNOW you want to.
It hit me as I traveling back “home” to ABQ from my trip in Texas. I kept thinking “It will be so good to be home”. It will be so good to curl up in my bed, make Adam espresso in the morning, take a shower in the bathtub with the super powerful shower nozzle, and go running outside without humidity. And then it hit me, wait…I just came from home, I was just visiting home.

Visiting home? Does one do that?

NO

I was visiting my old home….I have a new home and now I realize it and claim it…whoop!

It took me awhile to claim it. The first week of living here we got our phone land line installed. I quickly edited my “home” number in my cell phone from Texas to our land line. I changed my Texas number to “Texas Home”. Well that was all fine and dandy except every time I went to call my parents on my cell our house phone would be ringing. I would even pick it up and answer it only to find I was calling it. I had indeed just dialed “home” instead of “Texas Home”…Adam laughed at me every time.

Something about me being away from “home” made me realize this strange land of enchantment (yes, land of enchantment is our motto) is my home. It made me realize home is more than a stationary place. My home is with Adam, my husband. Being away just wasn’t right. I was missing something….oh, my better half.

It felt great to be home, at my old home that is, but odd because Adam wasn’t there with me. Everyone knows me as single Emily, or Emo, or the crazy Aggie Wrangler girl that makes everyone point their toes, but now I’m Mrs. Williams and although I still hug every one and say silly things and sometimes snort when I laugh too loud.
I’m different.
I’m not whole by myself.

One of the best parts of leaving is returning. Oh, I enjoyed the returning. Adam landed at the airport about 15 minutes before me and was waiting outside of security. I walked out of security and got to do it.
Yes, I got to do the “airport scene”.

I got to run and jump in his arms, and he swung me around several times. This is one of my favorite things in life, airport scenes that is.

I have been practicing since I was a little girl. My sister Anna and I would trade off “the boy part” and take turns jumping and spinning. I didn’t stop practicing when I got too big for Anna to pick me up.

No, basically any of my friends who could pick me up were forced to practice it, at least occasionally.

If you run fast enough you can fling your legs out to the side and the pick up momentum as you the guy spins you. Everyone go out and try it!


Warning: Make sure you jump directly at the guy, sometimes if you jump to the side too early (desiring the leg flinging affect) he can entirely miss you. Also, it is better with your husband.

In the past, I would have to say “pretend like you love me”. But now, I can do airport scenes and I know Adam loves me…no pretending.
God is good, and it is good to be home sweet home!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay for airport scenes! :)

I know what you mean. Sometimes I still refer to my parent's house as "home". But I also call this little apartment "home" as well. I once heard a saying that says "Home is where your Mom is". :) How cute is that.

But I agree. Home is with your husband.

Isn't married life wonderful my dear?? :)

Jennifer Bacak said...

I loved having you here, Em, but you can't accuse us Bacaks of knowing singular Emily! Nope, the whole time we were missing Adam too! You're a package...our chocolate vanilla swirl fave couple who tries crazy dance moves with us!!!
You could have done the pier scene dance in the airport! We have to get that one down!!!
jenn

cristina said...

okay, i'll comment here too because you talked about this at lunch that day. i just had to giggle the whole time i read that. :) glad you're home!