Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Friends, Snow, and Throw Up



Hello Friends!

We made it back from skiing all in one peice with only slight bumps and bruises! We were truly blessed by our time with the Smith family. Adam and I met on a mission trip to Nicaragua with our old pastor and friend Butch Smith so being back all together with his family was a little bit like old times. When I say BLESSED by them I am not exaggerating one bit. Jalie, the youngest of the clan, offered to change ALL diapers and Butch babysat each day while Adam and I had crazy fun on the mountain. We enjoyed Michelle's good cooking each night and then just hung out together in the living room and went to bed early out of sheer exhaustion!

One thing I am still not living down is when I told Josiah, "stop touching the electronics" as he was standing up trying to poke the TV. I thought this was perfectly normal as he doesn't know the word for TV yet, he might as well learn electronics. The whole Smith family, and Adam too, had a BIG laugh the rest of the trip over it. They are laughing now but who is going to be laughing when Josiah says electronics as his first word? Yea...I am going to be laughing and hollering with excitement when Josiah shows them up! But really, I'll take any word as his first word so we'll see:)

We drove home from Angel Fire Christmas Eve and it was beautiful with all the snow on the mountains. The stench from Josiah throwing up ALL over himself in his car seat made it a little bit less enjoyable but it makes good, smelly memories! I can't complain because little Josiah got sick in Texas, then got sick right when we got back to NM, and was just recovering while we were in Angel Fire. He was still his jovial little self but threw up almost every day for about two weeks. Fortunately, he hasn't thrown up since Christmas:) His Christmas night throw up was the worst as we were at a friends house and both Josiah and I had to borrow clothes to wear home.

Is this post about Christmas or throw up? I got confused for a second. Josiah's first Christmas sure was a special one. He didn't really care about the presents we helped him unwrap and he was more into biting the Bible as we read him the Christmas story then really understanding it, but I know each year his understanding of our Savior's birth will grow and grow! We had so much fun starting traditions even when he won't remember them! I really enjoyed getting to sleep in on Christmas as Adam was so good to me and got up with Josiah. I have a feeling sooner than I think we will be pounced on by Josiah in the early morning to get up and celebrate!

Enjoy the photos!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like y'all had fun! by the way, is that the infamous yellow jacket? i cannot believe you still have that,lol. if anyone asks about the whole just tell them it used to be be your older sister's :)
-- Anna Tune

The Arguellos said...

What a blast spending Christmas with the Smith family! I like the pics! Josiah is a growing boy!