Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Friday, August 15, 2008

Six Months and Counting...


Today is a very special day us.

Adam and I were married six months ago today!

I just can't believe we are already at out half anniversary!

I know many of you more "mature" married couples have been married for decades and are laughing at us celebrating our half anniversary.

I say why not celebrate the gift of marriage as often as possible?


I actually have to confess in this instance it was my Adam who reminded me on Monday "Em, our six month anniversary is Friday. Get excited!" I acted excited and tried to to not let it show that if he had not reminded me, I probably would have realized this...umm...maybe tomorrow. It is not that I don't think it is is incredibly important, I'm just not much of a counter. Recently we have been very busy so I was also slightly surprised August was already upon us!


Plus the last six months have just flown! It is hard to believe it has already been half a year. Immediately after getting married we moved to ABQ, went on our honeymoon (whoop!), began unpacking our first "home", Adam started a new job, found a new church, and just a few short months later, became the future parents of our "pumpkin" as we call the baby. It has been a little crazy but filled with such amazing experiences for us.


It is funny to think that six months ago today at this exact time I was in a hotel room with my girls doing makeup and hair and absolutely filled with excitement about that day! Okay, I was a little scared to death...but in the good kind of way. I was probably also blowing my nose. I came down with a terrible cold a few days before the wedding. It was just one of those things one doesn't plan and that is rather inconvenient, but later really just makes you laugh. After my makeup was done, I was told to try not to blow my nose for the rest of the day. Oh my....how difficult! Adam married me and loved me sick an all!!! Now, every time I get a cold I'm reminded of our wedding, and it makes me smile!


Being that this much has happened in the first six months, I can't wait until we have years under our belt and so many more stories to share! I can honestly say, I love marriage. I always tell my single friends, "I am so pro marriage!". Seriously, it has made me grow so much as a person and as a Christian. God made marriage to be beautiful, and it makes me so sad when I hear people (sometimes even Christians) speaking of marriage like it is a weight or an annoyance. I know I am still a newbie, and there are so many experiences ahead I have yet to experience, but what is more beautiful than having a man want to love you like Christ loves the church? Adam teaches me everyday about love. He does such a good job of loving me! I see him striving to love me everyday and in new ways. I don't know how I got this blessed to have the husband I do. I certainly don't deserve him one bit.


Our next anniversary update will be in six months and the pumpkin will be born! I know I'm only just starting to learn what God has to teach me about love. I'll update you the on what I have learned!


Happy Half Anniversary Adam! I love you and am excited about growing old with you!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Awwww!! Happy Half-a-versary!!!

Ya'll are ADORABLE!!

Are ya'll planning on finding out the sex of your baby? Or is it gonna be a secret?

Claire said...

I thought I just posted and it didn't work, so if it shows up twice, that's why...

I love that y'all celebrated your half-a-versary. We did too! Cause as we liked to say 'you only have it once!'