Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Things I wish I Knew...

Today is the first time Josiah has really fallen. It was a terrible feeling as a parent. I had him in my lap and was feeding him in his boppy. Adam called me and needed me to look up some important information regarding the house we are trying to buy. I moved the boppy next to me and set Josiah in it. I was lost in thought trying to remember the correct password with the correct letters/numbers in either upper or lower case. A few seconds went buy and FLIP Josiah was on the floor. He had flipped to his right over his boppy, did a 360 and landed on the carpet on his back. Our couch isn't that tall so he was okay. He was a little stunned but didn't cry and I quickly picked him up and snuggled him thanking God I hadn't killed this precious gift.

Well, later that day I was talking to my Dad. You just have to hear the conversation. Listen in, it went something like this.

(I explain Josiah's fall to my Dad)
Emily: Dad, did I ever fall off the couch when I was a baby?
Dad: Oh yea, you guys fell all the time.
Emily: Really? Were we okay? (Me thinking...oh that is what is wrong with me!)
Dad: Yea, you guys would just go BOOM on your head. It happened a lot. I would just tell you not to cry and you wouldn't. You were very compliant. You would go BOOM and I would say, "no cry" and you would just get up. You fell all the time. Really, on your head.

I think I laughed for a whole five minutes after this conversation. He made it sound so normal that I was always falling on my head and never crying. He also said he didn't tolerate crying...so I didn't. These are the stories a mom needs to know about before she has babies and freaks out at every ouchy. This explains so much about me you don't even know!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

that conversation with your dad is so funny!
So, Grace fell off our bed once when she was a baby and I was so upset about it. I swear I got on web md and researched anything and everything I could have done to ruin her forever. Obviously she was fine, I think i am still recovering though :)

Jon and Sally said...

I seriously laughed out loud several times while reading this post!!! I love it!!!

And this truly does explain SO much. ;0)

AND WHAT IN THE WORLD are you doing NOT taking photos of this child!??!! Where is he? Does he even exist?? I expected more out of you Emo. Seriously. Gimme some photos of his cute little head! :0)

Sally