Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Friday, October 16, 2009

Recap



Since we moved into our house we have been BUSY! I have so many things to fill ya'll in on I am slightly overwhelmed. That said, this post will be bullets to make this quick and easy.

*We have been PAINTING. Every single wall of our new house has been re-painted excluding the guest bedroom and guest bathroom. Those are the rooms I still have to paint. I know ya'll want photos. When it is finished (AKA pictures on the wall) I will do a before and after post. I don't see the point in doing a before and half way done post. So far, I love it but it is a lot of work.

*Tia Sarah came to visit last week. Tia means "Aunt" in Spanish. My brothers kids are bilingual and refer to us sister as "Tias" so it has stuck. Whenever I refer to Tia/Tia I mean Aunt/Uncle. We had so much fun with Tia Sarah. She got to see the famous Balloon Fiesta. The balloons literally fly over our house every morning. I know one day Josiah will really love it. We went to a balloon glow at dusk where all the special shape balloons were about 2 feet off the air and lit. It was beautiful. Again, Josiah wasn't that excited, but Tia Sarah and I got funnel cake! We also used the week to paint Josiah's room. Once I get his wall hangings up I will post a photo. Thanks for the help Sarah! It is so cute! Josiah loves and misses you!

* A few weekends ago I left Josiah (with his Daddy) for the first time for a weekend. I flew to San Antonio to see my old roommate Beth also known as "sweets" get MARRIED! I'm so glad I could make it. It was such a fun weekend! Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Harvey!

* The week before I left Josiah got sick for the first time. He had a ear ache, a cold, and a yeast infection on his bottom from his constant diarrhea. It was SO SAD! Thankfully once he got some antibiotics he recovered quickly.

*We need to buy a lawn mower. We only have grass in the backyard but we haven't mowed it yet. It is VERY long.

*Josiah has hist first tooth coming in! He is also now eating a big array of fruits, vegetables, and yogurt. He has even learned to put his "puffs" in his mouth by himself.

*I love fall! Adam loves fall because it is pumpkin season. He has lovingly requested that he have a pumpkin dish every week from October through December. I have been behind so today I will make pumpkin muffins to start off fall in a belated fashion!

*Josiah is in the process of learning the word "NO" and boundaries. When he touches something he isn't supposed to he is told "NO" (in a stern, calm voice) and flicked on the hand. I was TERRIBLE at it at first. Terrible as in he wasn't learning the word "No" because he couldn't feel my flicks. But the past few days I have gotten much more serious after beginning the book To Train Up A Child by Michael and Debi Pearl. Josiah is actually learning. When I say "NO" he usually backs away from the dangerous object. I am so proud of him! I am also amazed with how early training begins. Literally from Josiah first days home he is being trained by my actions toward him as well as my responses whether or not I am conscientiously training him or not. I guess I just always assumed you had a few years before that began. Goodness, was I wrong. I really am loving every second of it though. I love watching him grow and develop and become more affectionate. My baby loves kisses. Is anyone surprised? That is one aspect I have definitely been training him in for quite a while:)

Okay...there is more but no one like to read super long posts. I'm off to work on the muffins. Feel free to leave pumpkin recipes if you want!

2 comments:

The Goods said...

great book - I have already ordered that book and I don't even have kids. The Pearls have alot of wisdom - I really enjoyed "Created to be his Helpmeet"

Adam & Emily said...

I want to read "Created to be his Helpmate". It is on my list!