Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

You May Need to Sit Down!

I don't know what has been going on lately but CRAZY things have been happening, especially when I am driving.

Something happened last week that I have been needing to blog about and just haven't gotten around to it. I also haven't gotten around to getting up at 5:30 in the AM to work out with my hott husband. Hold me to it that I start tomorrow? My goal is to have rock hard abs by July. For this to happen I have to get out of my bed and and sweat it up with my husband doing P90X. It is the first step I am having problems with!

Anyway, back to the story.

It was last week and Adam was out of town. It was a hard week as Josiah got sick. It turns out he had an ear infection and thankfully I took him to the Dr. After the visit I had to pick up his prescription and run a few errands.

I was stopped at a stop light when I felt the car next to me staring. Whenever this happens I get REALLY awkward. I am one of those people that can make even the most awkward moments more awkward. It is my gift. I decided the best thing to do was to not look at the car and turn around and play with my baby. Josiah began giggling and smiling in delight with the game of peek-a-boo. Then the car next to me honked and I looked over to see a car of young highs school/middle school boys. The boy in the passenger seat was giggling at Josiah an said "cute baby".

I then felt royally stupid for not looking over earlier and seeing the car was filled with boys! These kids couldn't even shave yet. If they were staring, it was at my baby! I smiled in relief that I didn't have to be awkward anymore.

And then the car honked again.

The boy in the passenger seat who looked like he was about twelve held out his cell phone and mouthed, "can I have your number?".

Deer in the headlights....

My eyes got big and I think I made the same face that I make when I think about eating raw fish.

In disbelief I mouthed, "I have a baby". Surely, this boy thought I was the high school babysitter. I did have my hair in a pony tail. This must be a mistake.

He replied,"it is okay".
Still making the weird face, I raised my left hand to show off the bling on my wedding ring finger. I pointed to my ring and said, "I'm married".

Then the shocker...

The boy said "I don't care".

Again, I made the eating raw fish face.

I was thinking really boy you don't care? Do you want to pay for Josiah's college? Do you want to pay a mortgage? Can you even drive?

By this time I just didn't know what to say. The light was about to change.

I looked at Mr. twelve year old for the last time and I said, "you are twelve".

Then I drove away.

I think I laughed for a straight twenty minutes.

It was the funniest/strangest/most disturbing thing that has happened to me in a long time!

6 comments:

Sarah Lacy said...

you make me laugh....that must have been awkward!!

Unknown said...

LOL, I thought these things only happened to me. I had a kid come up to me at the bowling alley once. I was 25 and he was with his parents and couldn't have been more than 15. It was so weird and hillarious.

Lindsee said...

That just made me laugh out loud! My goodness, boys are crazy. Leave a girl alone would you. And am I the only one that thinks it's so wrong that he said "I don't care" after you said you were married? Mercy! Ha!

Jon and Sally said...

WOW. No words!!
Ok, just a few...
He wanted your big lips. ;0)
Love you!
Sally
P.s. you should get on twitter!

Anonymous said...

two things.... first about working out... just imagine me splashing water on your face ;) and second, i just want to say, HOT MOMA, lol :)
-- Anna Tune

nancy tune said...

Emily,
It could have been dangerous!! You should not make eye contact, and just drive off.
Maybe get some pepper spray or mace.