Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Friday, February 26, 2010

HELP!

I know I promised a lot of stuff about being better about writing.

I know I haven't been so good lately.

I haven't said anything about Adam and I's second anniversary or Josiah's first birthday party.

The big stuff often gets skipped because I'm too busy with all the details that comes with the big stuff you know?

I actually have a long list of excuses. My biggest excuse is that we have an old, ghetto computer that takes about 24 hours to load photos. This annoys me so much that I just give up and decide not to put any photos up. This means I decide to not even post anything because the photos show what I want to say much better than my words.

This old lap top also frequently has missing keys. For instance the k is gone. I have to punch it ever so lightly with my finger on the rubber thing under the key. Time is limited for me, so again I get annoyed and give up.The loss of keys is Josiah's fault. However, recently I have cracked down on him not touching the computer under any circumstances. This is why only one key is gone at the moment.

Those are really all my valid reasons. Basically, I also can be lazy. Yea, I said it.

You every day bloggers who have the awesome, trendy layouts and win awards and get money for your blogs because so many people read them, well y'all are just way over achievers. And you probably don't have an old computer either do you????

Anyway, the real point that I wanted to write about today is decorating.

I am in a slump y'all.

I am having one of those moments in life when I just wish Nate Berkus was one of my best friends (If you are lost, he is the adorable and very talented decorator that is always helping Oprah). I could just call him up and say, "Hey, Nate! My house decorating is starting to depress me and I feel helpless. Let's go grab lunch and then you can come over and give me ideas and we can go shop and you can re-decorate my house and fix all my mistakes. Then we'll play with Josiah together and you can stay for dinner. I am making chili".

Oh man! If only I was an over achiever and had an award winning blog MAYBE Nate Berkus would read it and want to be my friend and come create the cozy, inviting, oasis of a house environment I want!

Specifically, I am am in the slumps over my bedroom. I decided yesterday that I hate it and have to start over. I decided it depresses me. Yes, I am over dramatic. That is just how I roll.

My favorite room in the house is Josiah's room. I love his room. I just sit in his room because it is so cute! I succeeded with his room. I failed with our bedroom. This makes me very sad because I have always believed that the master bedroom should be the most relaxing, put together room in the house. I think it should be a place where the exhausted parents find retreat, a kid free zone that is a little haven of sanity and relaxation. I am very passionate about my ideas about what this room should be, but I'm stuck.

Our bedroom is cluttered, dark, and a little bit stressful because I just lay on the bed trying to figure out how to fix it and how much money it will cost AND what would Adam say if I mentioned re-painting?

My sweet hubs has spent a LONG time finishing the paint in our bedroom and bathroom. How do I break it to him that it just isn't working.

Adam, if you read this, it just isn't working:)

HELP!

What do y'all do when you find yourself stuck in un-oasis of a room???

No comments: