Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hot Cocoa Anyone?

Today it's cold! I mean COLD! The type of cold where in the morning peeling back the sheet and the heavenly warm, down comforter is like throwing ice water on my face. I ask Adam every morning if he can please just stay in bed with me, and we could keep each other warm all day. Everyday he says he has to go to work. He gets up around six and then around 6:45 when I have finally just recovered the warmth lost from Adam getting out of bed, it is time to get ready for school. This morning after creeping out of bed. I do creep. Adam says I look like ET...you know, the alien. I was so ready to go to work. I was awake, my hair was fixed, and the bed had already grown cold so work better call!! Well, they didn't. That is why I'm sitting here curled up in a blanket reporting about the cold weather:).

As much as getting out of bed is truly a traumatic experience for me, I LOVE the cold! I am about to put chili in the crockpot for dinner, I plan on having at least one cup of hot cocoa today, and Adam looks so handsome in sweaters:). Now that it is cold there is a whole new bunch of cold weather recipes I need to try. I feel like cold weather makes me a better wife. When it is so hott, I struggle still making yummy meals or doing anything in the kitchen for too long.

I apologize to those in Texas who are not experiencing cold weather and quite frankly won't for a long time. We have a guest bedroom/Baby Williams' room. Come visit and we can make warm soup together!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I am coveting your coldness!! I wanna cuddle up in a blanket and drink hot cocoa with you! :)

Love you pretty girl

Jennifer Bacak said...

I wish! Still sweating around here most days. Sad.
I miss you guys!
jenn

Ryan and Cate Shipley said...

Hi emily!
We don't actually know each other (I found your blog through the Bacak's blog...I was a part of the LHBC family during college- graduated about a year and a half ago), but I have loved reading your blog for a few reasons!
When we first got married (last September), we lived in Santa fe-just moved in March. We are currently in Nashville, TN, but moving back to Texas in a few weeks.
My, how I am missing the cold weather, new mexican food, and charm of the southwest!! We went to Grace Community Church in Santa fe...found the most incredible body of Christ-- if you're ever in Santa fe, check it out...
Also, I am pregnant (with a BOY too) and just a few weeks behind you I think. Our little one is due Feb. 17th.
Just thought'd I would say hi...
we are at http://shipleystation.blogspot.com.

Cate Shipley