Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm Double Dating!

I just can't handle it.

I'm double dating!

In college this happened occasionally. I'm not proud of it. I had the problem of not being able to say no, not wanting to hurt a guy's feelings, and thinking I was "friends" with everyone. I would find out later the poor guy thought we were dating. I thought this poor guy just liked being "friends" and then I would start dating someone else. I would then feel horrible! I get nauseous just remembering it. Warning to younger girls: most guys don't just want to be "friends". And never let yourself "accidentally" date. Make the guy be purposeful and don't be afraid to be honest!

Okay...so moving on. I have that SAME nauseous feeling now. When we were beginning to look at houses I would call Realtors inquiring on certain houses I saw while I was running or driving. I called two specifically. One realtor after telling me the house I inquired about was out of my price rang by $300,000 told me she would like to meet with me and explain the home buying process in detail. I said okay. It sounded innocent enough.

Another realtor after telling me the house I was interested in was again out of our price range, asked if she could e-mail me houses in my price range. I thought since I apparently can't pick a house that isn't drastically out of our price range, this help would be much needed! Well, after meeting with both Realtors (one to look at houses she e-mailed and the other to talk about the process) I found out that both women thought we were "dating" them. Oh, it gets worse. They both told us about the house we are now trying to buy. We had seen the house with one realtor and the other realtor was telling us about it and what a good deal it was. When did this happen? I agreed to meet with these ladies I never agreed to a relationship! Oh, flashbacks of horribly stupid situations I got myself into in college came leaping into my head. I can't handle it!

We actually made an offer on a house last night. Yes...big and scary decision! And today the other realtor who we just met and talked with called me and wants us to send her all our financial information so she can check and make sure we will be getting a good rate from our lender WHEN we "pick" a home. She is also waiting to go house hunting next week. Oh, there is a knot in my stomach. I just couldn't tell her we are already pursuing a house with the other realtor and that indeed we are not dating her!

I just called Adam and put him in charge of breaking up with this precious woman. I don't know how we started dating two Realtors. It just happened without us being aware. I'm afraid to break this woman's heart!

Oh man, I'm so glad I'm married and NEVER have to date again. I thought this horrible feeling was over.

Who knew you actually dated realtors!?

2 comments:

cristina said...

oh, my! that made me chuckle. :)

praying for a wonderful experience with the rest of this. have fun!

The Arguellos said...

Oops! I feel like I've had an insider's view of the house buying process! I don't think I'm ready for that! Thank God for husbands that we can rely upon. wishing you guys the best with that!