Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mommy Talk

I must share a recent NORMAL conversation I had with good friend Kelly. This is what a lot of my conversations sound like. Until it was pointed out, I didn't think it was the slightest bit odd at all. (This is a synopsis and is not exactly word for word as my memory is not that good)

Me: Kelly, is Derek's poop firm and formed like real poo or is it still soft?
Kelly: It is firmer but not hard.
Me: Did it suddenly change when he started eating cereals or did it take longer?
Kelly: Oh it definitely changes with the fiber of cereal. But it should be a bit gooey. It shouldn't be hard and they shouldn't have to make all sorts of noises to get it out.
Me: Hmmm...ever since Josiah began eating cereal I have been thinking he is constipated. He stopped pooping every day and it is formed like a normal person's poop. I think it should be more liquid-like. He does make some crazy sounds when he poops too.
Kelly: It is okay if he poops every other day or every 48 hours
Me: Hmm...I guess it has been every other day but it was just a baby poo that is why I thought he was constipated. And it was very formed, almost like play dough. He used to poop a lot more. I have been giving him prunes for his constipation but maybe he isn't even constipated. Maybe his poop is just changing and I am wanting his poo to stay like his baby poo and he is growing into big boy poo and I don't' know how to handle it.
Kelly: Emily, his poop is going to change and become more and more firm, like nuggets...it is going to happen.

(Josiah then had diarrhea for several days after I thought he was constipated as a result of his prunes)

I always knew I was a talker and could go on and on about most anything but poop??? Really??? Nothing is off limits anymore:)

4 comments:

Jon and Sally said...

This is recapped flawlessly!!! I can hear you saying it!!

LOL! I miss you!

I'll talk to you about poo anytime! We moms have to stick together, kinda like..you know...Josiah's poo.

:0)
Sally

cristina said...

i think my favorite part is all the analogies and descriptors: gooey, play doh, nuggets!

so happy you have a friend like kelly to talk poo with you. :)

Anonymous said...

Emily,
You crack me up. I do not remember talking to my friends about your poop!! Maybe that is the good part about getting old, you don't remember EVERYTHING.
I want to see Josiah's short hair, I am really concerned that his curls are gone!!
Love you, so glad you are in your new home.

mom said...

That last post was from your mom, not sure how all this posting works. I will try not to be anonymous.
love,
mom