Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Moving!





No more climbing three flights of stairs. No more carrying groceries, Josiah, and a diaper bag across a parking lot to get "home". No more taking Josiah's car seat in and out of the car. We have a HOUSE. Most importantly, we have a garage where the car can hold Josiah's car seat without it becoming scorchingly hot. We have closets. We have a whole closet just for linens.

Linens!

Can you believe houses have closets for linens? Right now in our apartment Josiah doesn't even have a closet because his closet is filled with boxes of Adam and I's books from college that take up the whole thing. Having a closet just for linens seems like indulgence at it's finest. But I'll take it!

I have big plans of cooking big meals in a kitchen with 4 counters! I plan on filling all 4 counters up with different food dishes. Who would of thought you could cook different things on different counters!?

I really can't complain. We have loved our little apartment. So many things have happened here in this apartment. We went from renting a two bedroom apartment so we could have a guest room to turning our guest room into a baby room. We became parents here. It has been nice to be in a small place where the trek to Josiah's room at night wasn't very long. I have tripped over many things in this living room as I have sleepily tried to run into Josiah's room. Just last week when I was packing for vacation I hopped out of bed in my sleep as Josiah was screaming (he had a burp) and I ended up tripping over the suitcase that was on the floor and falling INSIDE of it. I screamed and Adam came running to find me sprawled in the suitcase! It is those moment I won't forget about this apartment.

We have outgrown this apartment, but just this week truly realized it as Josiah is crawling. He began officially crawling a few days ago and must feel cramped trying to navigate around the boxes. A while back I was writing about a short sale house that we put an offer on. It is a really long story but that house fell through. I was sad at first but God has given us an even BETTER house at exactly the right time. I am too tired to write more. Adam and I have been painting, packing, cleaning and trying to keep Josiah happy while not getting into the paint or cleaning supplies:).

I am off to bed to dream about all the first we are going to have in this house. Josiah is going to walk, run, poop in the potty, etc. We are so excited! We are moving ourselves (with the help of great friends) and will spend our first night at "home" Saturday. If any of you want to visit, we have a guest room and would LOVE to practice some hospitality!

4 comments:

Lindsee said...

YEA! I am so excited for y'all! And girlfriend, that is one CUTE house. Can't wait to see it all decorated and such! :)

Love you, Emily!

Lindsee

cristina said...

so THRILLED for you guys--have fun setting up, take time to think about where you will be using stuff so you put it where you'll need it--especially in the kitchen. (you may already know that--it just took me a while in an inefficient house before, so i share that just in case.)

yay!!

The Mosiers said...

Congrats!! So exciting. I know what it's like to move with a little one! Cade just started crawling this week too! He's loving all the space at our new apartment. I'm sure Josiah is going to enjoy exploring the new house!

The Arguellos said...

The house looks beautiful! What an exciting time! :) I'm sure Josiah will love growing up there and enjoy all of your yummy cooking!