Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yay for Birthdays!

I owe a big thank you to my husband, my baby, my family, and all my great friends. As you know, my birthday was this last weekend. Getting older is not really a positive thing for most people. I can't say I love getting older (today I thought about buying under eye cream for WRINKLES), but I LOVE birthdays. That said, they keep getting better and better! My husband celebrated my birthday all week. I always joke about having a birthday month but really no one has ever celebrated it. But I can honestly say Adam did something special for me every day of the week leading up to my birthday. I can't forget about my momma either. She remembered my birthday week too as I started getting e-cards from her on Monday (love ya momma!). I don't know why I love birthdays so much, but I do!

Oh I remember why...cake! I love cake! Why not have cake all week? Actually, we were pretty good and didn't have cake all week but we did have Adam's home-made milkshakes. I'll take either:).

Okay, time to brag on the hubs. He planned the best day ever. Friday the 25Th started off by him getting up at seven with the baby and letting me SLEEP in. Oh bless my soul, it was marvelous. When I got up at NINE AM I came out to a table with flowers, home-made crepes with Nutella (delicious), and the computer out with my birthday video playing. I was so impressed!



After I had showered and we got Josiah ready we dropped him off with dear friends down the street the Wallaces. Adam then took me to see the movie Fame. Oh my gosh, it was AWESOME. I don't even know how I sat in my seat the whole time. I'm not going to lie, I did a little shaking it as we were leaving. That movie needs to be watched with an interactive audience so everybody can dance along while watching!

Then, we went to Sonic where I enjoyed a strawberry shake...yum yum. Then Adam got REALLY impressive. He then took me to a ballroom dance studio where we had a private dance lesson. When he pulled into the parking lot I just started crying I was so happy. We learned a bit of swing and rumba. I enjoyed every minute of it and we have another lesson next week!

We then picked up Josiah and Adam blind folded me and took me to the Olive Garden where a bunch of sweet friends were waiting! Then Missy Erin Goodman landed at the airport to come visit for the weekend. I had not seen that sweet girl since my wedding. We had so much catching up to do and finally time to do it! It was indeed such a sweet weekend.

I can't express enough how blessed I am by all the people in my life. I love all of you.

Also, September really is a great month as my sister Anna was born the day after me! Happy Birthday month to you Anna! I wish I could of been in Houston to celebrate with you. I love you and am so proud of you!





2 comments:

Lindsee said...

So fun! I am so glad you had a good birthday, sweet Emily.

melody said...

Yay for your birthday! I can't wait to catch up when we get back. Love to you, so thrilled about the dancing. I've been watching So You Think You Can Dance out her and missing you something terrible!