Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hunger Pains..

Okay I need all you lovely women who have been with child before to confirm if my body is normal or if indeed I'm a freak.

I am five months pregnant and I thought I had gone through all the stages. I went through the puking stage, the eww food is gross stage, the oh my gosh my pantry smells stage, the food is okay stage, the I can cook again stage, and the food is just fine in fact I want Chik-Fil-A stage. I thought I would just stay in this stage for the next half of my pregnancy.

Although, I still dream about Chik-Fil- every week I am in a whole new stage. I hope this present stage is fleeting because frankly it could get expensive. I am in the I'm starving stage! I'm starving all the time. I wake up early in the morning to get ready in case I get called to substitute teach and eat breakfast. My stomach always feels slightly upset because after all it has been in bed for aproximately eight hours without any food...horrible. Then after waiting by the phone and not being called, I try to go back to sleep for about an hour. Then when I wake up my stomach has the horrible hunger pains AGAIN. So then I need another breakfast type snack. Then I tell you not even two hours later the hunger pains are back and they can make me cranky.

This all started yesterday. When I think about yesterday, I think about a blurr of being hungry. I ate more than I usually do, I was definitely not starving. Does this mean the baby is growing really fast and taking all my food? Does this go away? I want to stop being hungry! Help!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Sweet Em, my mother and I cracked up as we read your post. You wrote about it so comically. She said she was the hungriest durring her 2nd trimester, that she occasionally gained 7 pounds a week. [she didn't usually gain any in the first trimester]. She also said it calmed down by her 3rd and she was 'normal' [besides the large stomache!] by then. I hope this helps. We love and miss you!!

Jon and Sally said...

You're hilarious!
I'd say I think it's normal for the 2nd trimester. And, like Claire's mom said, it was over by the 3rd trimester!
I remember having to keep 2 or 3 snack items in my purse just to run errands for a couple hours!!
Have fun with that! It'll be over soon! Just take it as a reminder to pray for that tiny one inside you!
Hugs!
Sally

Jennifer Bacak said...

Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy, Em! One minute, you're eating your weight in Chic-Fil-A, and the next you have an eight year old who seems all grown up! It wasn't that long ago I was pregnant with Emma, it seems!
It's all so very exciting.
I love you!
jenn