Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Friday, September 5, 2008

Pumpkin, Cookies, and Sweaters....oh joy!

I absolutelly LOVE the fall. I love it.

In Texas we didn't experience it until ....November? I'm not sure exactly when we experienced it but it is coming earlier here! I am absolutely thrilled.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't here yet. My poor mom came yesterday to spend the afternoon/evening here before flying to Las Vegas for the Deeper Still Conference with Beth Moore and Kay Author. I picked her up in my little red hombre which has a broken airconditioner. She had a light jacket on and I think she was pretty hott! She didn't complain though, but I was sad she hadn't come the day before which was cool and windy all day. We had a great, short visit. She saw our apartment, and I got to try Jenn's Zuchinni Manicotti out on her since my momma is a vegetarian. I struggle to like the food I cook, but it was pretty tasty:). All I have to say is Jenn's home-made creamy italian dressing was AMAZING. I could write a whole blog about it...but let's get back to fall:).

The nights here are starting to get cool and windy. We haven't used the airconditioner for weeks! At night we have the windows open and Adam I turn on the ceiling fan and a portable fan we have by the bed. I get to wrap up in my comforter and be nice and toasty while my nose sticks out and gets cold....I love it! I think Adam is freezing, but he is getting used to it:). I tell him I'll keep him warm but he says I steal his heat...highly unlikely:).

To top of the feeling of fall coming, I stopped by Starbucks today and ....drumroll....they have the pumpkin spiced latte! That pretty much means it's fall. I'm totally in the mood to make oatmeal cookies and pull out out my box of sweaters! I'm not sure exactly why fall makes me want to bake, but it does! Nothing sounds better to me than warm oatmeal cookies on a windy fall day with a spiced pupmkin latte.

I welcome fall!

1 comment:

Jennifer Bacak said...

I almost didn't read this because I'm so envious! I'm crazy jealous of anyone who has seasons. But I love you guys so much, I can be happy for you. Only you guys. And you're cute little baby.
Love you!
jenn