Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Williams...

Team Williams lives so "...that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thinking in blue....

Today was a big day for us.

Today we had the big ultra sound where they check the baby's organs and "parts" and tell us the sex! I have been so excited all week about this day!

Adam met me me at the office and the nurse began the ultrasound. At first I was worried we were having an anorexic child. It looked so skinny! I was then informed if it was chubby now I would be in for trouble! I sighed a big sigh of relief each time the nurse would say something like "beautiful spine!" or "wonderful heart beat!". Our baby Williams seems to be a very active, healthy baby BOY! I couldn't believe it!

But then again I had to...the picture was crystal clear that this baby is a BOY! Being from a family of four girls and one boy, I had secretly hoped to have a boy first but figured my chances were low. Adam and I are just thrilled about Baby BOY Williams!

I am 18 weeks pregnant and due Feb. 1st. However, Baby Boy Williams seems to be growing fast as he is already about the size of a 20 week old...aye aye aye. I blame Adam for that. He already seems to have Adam's active personality as he would not stay in the same place. He also had Adam's long fingers. Most of you know, I LOVE my husband's hands. He has a pair of the most handsome hands I have ever seen. It thrilled my heart to see those same long fingers on the baby!

The nurse kept poking him in the head trying to get him to move his head so she could look at his brain. He REALLY did not want to do this. He would actually swat his hand over his face when poked at as if he was so annoyed. I could have died laughing. Someone may have a stubborn streak....from his father of course:)

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Yay!!!!! I am SOO excited for you both! That is going to be one handsome little guy! :)
Yay!!!

John and Joanna said...

YAY YAY YAY :) Congrats!!! I can't wait to see this sweet thing!!!

Love you!!

Claire said...

Yay for Baby Boy WIlliams!! I am living vicariously through you right now girl ;)

love you!

Jon and Sally said...

Wonderful news!!!
I'm just so fond of little boys!! I can't wait to hear the name pick!!
Love you guys!
Sally